Monday 25 September 2017

#homealonedayten

10.30am and Kitty has yet to put in an appearance, despite loud music downstairs. I open the curtains in the spare room and say Good Morning brightly. She sighs and opens one eye, briefly.
Honestly, it's just like still having a teenager in the house...

Later we have a walk in the 'dreich' and the dogs pose for a photo by a (very) young woman, who belongs to the university caving club. She assures me her mother knows what she does in her spare time. I remain unconvinced, but Ben has been in touch, so I smile, knowing he is alive :-)

Later still we sit reading in the sunshine waiting for the grass to dry enough to be cut. Finally I decide I must cut it before the lengthening shadows render it damp again...
It is still quite wet and afterwards I bang my gardening clogs together to remove mud and grass...out from under one of the insoles drops my silver ankle chain which went missing weeks ago - today just gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment