Sunday 19 September 2021

Pantoum...

Yesterday I went to a Yoga and Writing afternoon, which necessitated Leaving the County - just.
It was nice to meet a couple of new people and do some fairly gentle somatic exploration. And some wild-writing exercises ...
At the end of which we turned some of our phrases into a random sort of poem, loosely based on the structure of a 15C Malaysian form, called a Pantoum.
Except mine wasn't, of course. Because I had, by accident, already started to make a poem of my phrases...
Which was CHEATING.

But here is the result, anyway:

Autumn Leaves

So shall I die
thus upon the earth
will I lie
soft under a blanket

Thus upon the earth
will they play good music
soft under a blanket
red and green and gold

Will they play good music
back to the earth and sky and sea
red and green and gold
send me dancing on my way

Back to the earth and sky and sea
and shall I lie
send me dancing on my way
so shall I die

No comments:

Post a Comment