Sunday 1 November 2020

The Firebreak Files #9

All weathers...

' Going out in all weathers', both physically and emotionally, has been much under discussion in my world  recently, and very much appealed to me - although I don't consider myself an outdoorsy type, I do love the weather, and live very close to the elements. 
And exploring the weather of my emotions, being ready to welcome and live with all the seasons of my mind has been very illuminating.

But badly hurting my leg last week has enforced a 'staying in in all weathers' on my physical movements. I haven't been past the very narrow confines of the garden - and then only to feed the birds and bring logs in from the woodstore.

 And this has had a knock-on effect on the range of my emotions. I find it all too easy to become narrow, contracted, constricted - finding that spacious and open place has not been easy at all...
But like Lock-down parts 1&2, these things are lessons for me in self-knowledge, self-acceptance, resilience - to be useful in the years to come I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment