Saturday 31 October 2020

The Firebreak Files #8

It's very hard to be entertaining when, not only is the country under Lock-Down, but one is still 'hors de combat', as my Dad would say.

But, it is as it is, and I have spent a pleasant enough day,:
This morning I made it up to the attic for the first time and was able to meditate with the wild sea. 
At breakfast, for complicated reasons, I had googled 'St Edmund, Kettles Yard'...so now my phone, desperate to please, was offering all sorts of variations - and I spent a while reading about writer and ceramicist Edmund de Waal and his fascinating family history. I remember hearing some of 'The Hare with Amber Eyes' on r4, and make a note to find a copy.

I had a slightly more creative day than some recent, stagnant days, and made a few bowls this afternoon.

This evening I was reading about Rabin's assassination - 25 years ago on November 4th. I remember hearing the news...my eldest and I were on the M4, returning home from a very long day down at my parents, giving my Dad some respite. There were firework displays and the skies were lit up for miles. 
Mum lasted another couple of years, almost to the day, all gone now...

A lovely little 'blue' Hunter's Moon tonight - but the streets are hushed and the wind and waves are all that can be heard. There will be no fireworks this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment