Saturday 23 September 2017

#homealonedayeight

Well I was woken in the early hours by The Limping Whippet (any Beiderbecke fans out there?), jumping on the bed to assure me she felt "much better, thank you, is it dinner time?"

It certainly wasn't and, in the morning, I panicked briefly on being unable to find her in any of the usual places (had she slid beneath the front door and left to find a rabbit?). Bizarrely, she was asleep in the attic and we all enjoyed an early walk in the silent cliff sunshine.

Off to dance in Llanbadarn and then stopped briefly in town, where the usual suspects were supporting Catalonia's right to independence.Indeed, but way too many flags for my liking...

A day or two ago I was in the Oxfam shop when the Big Issue seller was attempting, with no success, to negotiate the price of some trainers for their teenager. This has been bothering me, so today I stopped to ask them...no, no success and yes, they were still in the shop.
So we went in bought them and the young person on the till explained the returns policy politely...a little language difficulty.
Thank yous and tears and I was able to come home for a quiet afternoon. Hard to see who received most from the transaction...

No comments:

Post a Comment