Sunday 24 September 2017

#homealonedaynine

Woke very early this morning with the decision already made, somewhere, to have a musicky day...
So on with radio 3, and the kettle, and a look at last night's ceramics. It's obvious that the pinchpot I was idling over has decided overnight that it wants to be a jug - so on with the apron and out with the tools :-)

First we bring in the washing from the line and have another go at getting rid of the musty smell from the fab wool jumper I found in the charity shop in the week...this time I tried rolling it in bicarb for a bit and then soaking in fabric conditioner. Back onto the line...

Kitty and I set off a bit later for the delayed walk over the hill to do a visit at Plas Cwm. It took an hour to get there and was drizzling when we arrived. Kitty was a great success...
It was pouring when we left and a carer I know well was also leaving on her bike. House-sitting with five dogs - and  'at least I get to take my parrot' she remarked as she pedalled off. As you do :-) Surreal day...
I plug my headphones in as we trudge along and am rewarded by Tom Lehrer's 'Poisoning Pigeons in the Park'
Private Passions, radio3's answer to Desert Island Discs, follows - Stephen Poliakoff :-)

We get filthy and wet on the way home - my pink cagoule is at least waterproof and my new trainers almost...
Maybe I'll reward myself with a (Poliakoff) film later...

No comments:

Post a Comment