Thursday 16 July 2020

candle-wax etc...

My day started badly with spilling pink candle-wax on the carpet in the attic...
Cue a quick 'google'; downstairs for the iron and a roll of kitchen paper, up again, down again to find an extension lead, up again with a choice of two...

I have spent a considerable part of the rest of the day mulling over why I chose the white, rather than the black lead and socket - could this be some hidden racist leaning rearing it's very ugly head?! Some hitherto unexamined murky corner of my psyche, which needs a sharp poke?!

But I don't think so...I think the white lead and socket speaks of friendly domestic white goods and all things manageable. The black lead and socket is infinitely more threatening, speaking as it does of workmen's untidy vans, corners of deep toolboxes and Things about which I won't worry my 'pretty little head'
!!!
Ho hum...conditioned then. But at least not racist...

No comments:

Post a Comment