Wednesday 26 August 2020

Post-Francis

Ah, the downside of life right by the sea!
This morning Kitty and I take one look at the wrecked garden and decide to go for a walk...
She is in an exceptionally good mood this week, very chatty and amiable.
We head up to 'Kitty's Field' and I explain that I am a bit short of time...for today is the occasion of my first visit (strictly socially-distanced) for five months, to my old friend in the Care Home. And his 98th birthday!
"Get on with it then!" replies Kitty, "chuck that tennis ball so I can have a good run! I promise I'll bring it back EVERY time, in return for a treat..."
(Kitty's UTI has been dealt with with anti-biotics, hence the good humour and good appetite).
I chuck the tennis ball several times and several times Kitty drops it at my feet in return for a treat. Absent-mindedly I toss the ball without delving into my bag for a biscuit...Kitty just stands there, poised and beautiful on her slender feet, with the seascape behind her - a moment of perfection. She raises an eyebrow - suitably chastened I fish out a treat for her, and then collect the ball myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment