Saturday 19 December 2020

Here We Go Again...

My day started well...Kitty and I had a soggy walk on the deserted golf-course, garnering wild watercress and rosemary along the way. And a couple of logs.
Then it was time for a trip to the library, open briefly (click and collect), between re-ordering their systems and Christmas and a lurking Lock-Down... to return a couple of books and pick up the Bernadine Evaristo, which it is at last my turn to read, and a couple of books on curries (Alistair is taking up Indian Cookery for Christmas dinner - yay!).
There is a stand behind the books table at the library (in the doorway, as near as one gets these days), and my eye was caught by the new second series of 'My Brilliant Friend'. So I hollered - and borrowed that too, explaining that I had borrowed the first series just as the first Lock-Down descended, binge watched it all, and then bought and read all four books (twice) during the spring and summer.
They rooted around the back-shelves for me, so I came home with series one as well, to rewatch first...
That's my viewing sorted for a while.

I played with clay this afternoon, unaware that those in power were shifting the pawns about the board again.
So now London is shut-down, and we are in Lock-Down again here in the wild west. I don't care for myself, I go nowhere anyway, but for those lives have been disrupted and contracted yet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment