Friday 25 December 2020

H.w.g.a #6

So... Christmas Day, and the usual quiet, somewhat quirky one for us.
We walked over to Wallog this morning, meeting, on the way, a particularly interesting young woman, who has just recently come to Aber to study - I hope we'll meet her again, but circumstances don't make it easy!
A quick picnic on the beach, because it was chilly and trying to rain
And then the march home to put the kettle on and eat the 'christmas pudding' we had forgotten to take
After lots of tea-drinking and a little opening of presents, he went for a swim, 'because the sun was out'. I know...
And I read 'The Owl and the Pussycat'. Aloud. As you do...

And then later we made curries...it was lovely not to be in charge; I shall make a habit of abdicating responsibility 'on the domestic front'
And now it is nearly tomorrow, he has gone to do the late-night Samaritans shift, and I have been sitting by the fire, sipping blackberry vodka and watching an episode of 'My Brilliant Friend'. Time for bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment