Tuesday 29 December 2020

H.w.g.a #10

I decided not to get up this morning, and lay in bed, with my eyes tight shut while Alistsir got up and dressed, went down and made tea. 
And brought me up a cup. So kind, but no - I was NOT getting up. There was nothing to get up for, nothing I had to do and my back was still hurting.
I drank my tea and got up. Because of course there is everything in the world to get up for really - sun and sea and wind and rain, kind hearts and coronets. And a second cup of tea.

I managed a walk along the prom today, with Alistair, who was biking down to do something useful for someone. And then home along the beach, giving Kitty a good run while I picked up some kindling sticks. And listened to a meditation about compassionate engagement with the people around me.
We cleared up a bit in the garden when we got back to and chatted at the gate with a couple of friendly neighbours and dogs.

A quiet afternoon, with my back slowly easing and, as I said, nothing I HAD to do.

Success of the day! Alistair managed to buy a copy of 2021's tide-tables, sun-rises and sets, and moon-phases.
So that's us set up for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment