Thursday 7 January 2021

H.w.g.a #19

My brave and brilliant friend - Lila to my Lenù, Lenù to my Lila - is planning a huge move.
Here, to my lovely town.
And today was spent spying out a property for her...first Kitty and I lurked in the environs this morning; then Alistair sped by on his bike...
Then, after consultation, I made a phone-call...and this afternoon we did a proper viewing on her behalf - yikes!
And it was almost the first time either of us had been in someone else's house since March, which was weird too.
Watch this space...

Here is a picture of us in the future, a card she sent me years ago.
Growing old together.
Disgracefully...

1 comment:

  1. Shall we tell the other readers of this blog that I am mad enough to buy a house I've never been inside? It is naughty fun to watch the faces of those I've told of my move, 'when are you going to see the house?, they ask, 'the day I move in' I reply. The horror is palpable!

    ReplyDelete