Monday 4 January 2021

H.w.g.a #16

After a better night's sleep, my day started gently, with candles...

Kitty and I took some time to get out today, and headed for the golf-course as, again, the slope to the prom and beach was icy. 
I was togged-up like a mate of Shackleton, and toasty by the time we had walked up the hill and negotiated the snicket over the two streams. As we reached the golf-course the sun was suddenly warm, and someone was cutting grass at the top...
The warmth, the sudden sunshine, the sound of the lawn-mower, the scent of newly-cut grass - for a moment it was May! (next May that is, not last May, which was Lock-Down, and total silence for me)

Those who know us in Real-Life, or who read my ramblings on a regular basis, will know Alistair and his legendary ability to produce, from the depths of the garage or somewhere exactly what I am in need of. 
Today the tables were turned! Alistair dropped and smashed the lid of his teapot (our tea-drinking habits are also legendary...)
And for once I was able to unearth exactly what he needed from the depths of a cupboard...
Of Dr. Frankenstein and his monster, I shall tell tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment