Friday 1 January 2021

H.w.g.a #13

Well we watched 'Skyfall' to keep ourselves awake till the midnight hour - my first 007 - and very disappointing it was too!
Oh, SO bright and urban and hard and full of violence (duh!). And a barely concealed misogyny, which left a nasty taste in the mouth...

And then we togged up, gathered our fizz and plastic champagne glasses and set off down the slope to the prom. It was BITTERLY cold and the tarmac was like a skating rink...I had visions of ending up in A&E with a broken ankle - NOT a good plan on New year's Eve 2020!

There were few revellers about, and we were the oldest by about forty years, but we had a brisk walk, drank a toast to better times and took the obligatory pics of the fireworks at midnight...
Home to a nice warm bed...

It was much milder when we emerged this morning and Kitty and I had a LONG walk to check out the back route to the bottom of Penparcau. We kept meeting people, mostly with dogs, and exchanging 'Blwyddyn Newydd Dda', with everyone - so I was in ready for my brunch when we got home. But here are some pics of my lovely town, looking good on a sunny winter morning...
And one of my porridge, just to show you how greedy I am...
And in the afternoon there was ample time for domesticking, for recording a little audio and for gymming before cooking.

And there was an episode of 'My Brilliant Friend' season 2.
And Doctor Who - though not a patch on the glory days of David Tennant, still SO much better than James Bond...

No comments:

Post a Comment