Friday 13 September 2019

Days 3 & 4

Here I am, back from off-line, off-piste and generally off-the-wall!

Home Alone, here we go again, day #3...

My day started with a timely reminder of the impermanence, unsatisfactoriness and downright contrariness of all things - the wind had blown up a hoolie in the night and when I went up to the attic to salute the shrine, meditate and generally 'dedicate' the day, the shrine/windowsill was awash!

A walk with the dogs in the early-day drizzle yielded its usual treasures of earth and air. A quiet day doing practical things and then meditating and reading - SHOCKED by how 'plugged-in' to the outside world I generally am!

Did you know that if you light a fire in an old watering-can the spout falls off?! Me neither...

Listening to music on cd in the evening, by candlelight..I am always  drawn back into the world I inhabited 'then'...firstly Emily Maguire 'Falling on my Feet' and I am dancing again with Felipa, who had a hand in me being here.
And then Vangelis 'Chariots of Fire', which, astonishingly is almost forty years old! Ponder 'Jerusalem'...
And I am sorely tempted to haul out the dvd...grab a good book instead
Ho hum...'The Hours', another all-time favourite film to hunger for. Two actually, cos of course I will watch Mrs Dalloway once again too..

day #4

Woke too early, rattled and ill at ease this morning. Wrote down the '5 hindrances' from memory - yep, all present and correct!
Lots of weak tea and meditation prescribed, followed by a walk in the rain-cool wood.

Pottering sort of day, with windowsills, meditating, reading and clay all playing a part. And eating. And sleeping a bit.

Watched the moon rise over the cliff, very late, and turned on my phone to reconnect with the men in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment