Saturday 24 October 2020

The Firebreak Files #1

Yesterday started wet, again, but by lunchtime the sun had come out, though the breeze was chilly. 
I set off with my mate for a last stroll along the prom before the 'firebreak' shuts things down again for a couple of weeks. We took Kitty down to the beach for a few minutes, then back up the steps to the prom.
And then, in an instant, everything changed - 
there was An Altercation with An Alsation, which took a bound towards Kitty. I got in the way and somehow was hit? head-butted? bitten? on the back of my leg...
Which immediately went into total spasm from my toes to my groin, accompanied by a howl you could probably hear in Dublin...

So, the afternoon's shenanigans were ruined and I spent the rest of the day in a bit of a state of shock, wrapped up in a 'blanket-fort' on the settee, as the pain gradually localised around my calf.

A well-medicated night's sleep was punctuated only by Alistair returning at 3am from a late-night Samaritans shift (during which he and his colleague played a part in Saving a Life!).
And we slept late.

And today, the first of these Firebreak Days it has rained continually, and I have barely moved from the settee...
The pain is gradually subsiding, though I still can't put my foot down.
I hope the Alsation has a headache... and that its owners decide to keep it on a short lead...

No comments:

Post a Comment