Tuesday 27 October 2020

The Firebreak Files#4

Sorry to miss yesterday - I'm sure you are dying to know what I have been up to!

Nothing. 

I'm finding it really slow and hard to get about, and haven't left the house since Friday. The little jobs I can manage, like the hearth, the washing-up and so on, take twice as long, as does getting upstairs to the loo - and down again.
So I have achieved little else. Tonight I've finished my book (Ferrante, again!), and watched a dvd - it took a while to find one that I knew would be absorbing AND have a good ending...most of our extensive collection is waaay too depressing for these Lock-Down days.
'Dead Letter Office', should you be interested. No, no-one else has heard of it either...

My lower calf has developed a bruise, though not as spectacular  a one as I feel is warranted by the pain, inconvenience and howling.
And, strangely, my front lower leg too...

Kitty has transferred her alliegance (spelling?) to Alistair, who now gets an over-enthusiastic greeting, and all the leader-of-the hunt kudos.
Me she mostly ignores, except at supper-time. That's me put in place - little does she know I saved her from the Hound of the Baskervilles.
Ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment