Wednesday 28 October 2020

The Firebreak Files #5

Today was a red-letter day - we put the heating on! I had been hanging out for November 1st, but rain and wind, wet clothing and general gloom did for me. Besides I had been limping around like some minor character from a Catherine Cookson novel and was, quite frankly, swathed in so many layers I could barely move!
So tonight parts of the house are actually quite warm, towels are dry and the dog is not curled up like a husky in South Antarctica, with her nose under her tail. 
I feel very blessed, very privileged, and send some money to the DEC appeal for Idlib - where thousands are freezing in tents, hungry, with no running water. And Coronavirus...

In better news, my calf-muscle is beginning to return to life and a kind neighbour has given us some apples.

Oh and I cleaned UHU off my huge black scarf. With home-made deodorant. Obviously. As you do...

No comments:

Post a Comment