Friday 5 October 2018

10

#homealonediaries10

I can't believe how quickly the time is passing this year!

I was up late last night and then woke early this morning...Last night's firings were rescued from the ashes first thing and scrubbed and waxed - some strong colours.

We had a lovely walk...it was warmer outside than in the house, as is so often the case at certain times of the year. On the way home we stopped to ask local workmen about wood offcuts - and went back for two bagsful later!

A long chat with a neighbour who is becoming a friend followed - she totally 'gets' my pots, which always helps!

Strolled into town at lunchtime to change the handtowels at M&S -I had bought the wrong green last week. A seductively ghastly place...
And then to the petshop to get enough dog and birdfood just to see us through to Monday. But I should have gone there first...it closed at 1pm. Short rations!

This afternoon I did a little desultory log-sawing and made lovely soup...I really will have to buy food one of these days!

I always feed the dogs separately and shut Eve in - and Kitty, who plays with her food, out. Tonight I forgot to shut the door and Kitty stood by and watched Eve eat her way through both bowlsful!

No comments:

Post a Comment