Sunday 22 March 2020

My Day by the Seaside

The morning was beautiful, bright blue and sparkling, as we walked Kitty early in this changed and uncertain world.
Our minds, as so often, were running on different tracks - 
Alistair was pondering 'ways to keep fit'. We have spent the last year building up not inconsiderable muscles at the local gym. Which is now closed, as is so much, for the foreseeable...
Yesterday he ordered online possibly the last set of weights available in the known universe, and is planning a 'rack' made from repurposed bits of metal and wood.
"Wot we need is a gym bench..."
I was musing on stones, shells, metal and mandalas. As you do.

Kitty and I were not finished when we descended the hill so we went down to the beach to collect rubbish and treasure. Kitty is now an only dog and has morphed, almost overnight, into the perfectly-behaved dog I always knew she was. Accordingly she returned to me every time I called her, and sat down beside me when I decided to rest for a few minutes in the sunshine before dragging the bags of rubbish and driftwood up to the prom and home.
As I stood up, in front of me on the shingle was the perfect piece of metal I had 'been looking for' to paint with a plain gold Celtic mandala. And a few feet away was probably the most beautiful coloured stone I have ever found.

This afternoon I drained 2.45kg of perfect recycled clay from the HeathRobinson contraption it had been hanging from, and did a bit of gardening. Alistair cut the grass and started cleaning up and re-covering the gym bench
Yes, I found one on the prom. As you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment