Monday 30 March 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 7

Today I walked the dog...

...and wondered why I was humming:
"I'll never fall in love again..."
I get these random earworms and sometimes it takes some time to work out why.

So up the road we went and right round Kitty's Field, meeting a couple walking to Clarach and a vaguely familiar man with a lovely half-grown scrunchy white dog called Jaspar. On around and over the top of the golf-course...noticing as I go how dry it is getting up there, for the first time in months. 

I'm hobbling a bit...this isn't going to be a minor health-moan, I promise (I'm only too thankful for my generally robust good health)...
Bear with... for the last four or five days I have had a stiff neck, first on the left side, the moving slowly to the right, before dissipating. 
Yesterday and today I have had pain in my right hip, right in the ball and socket joint, and all this reminds me of a post viral thingy I had about twenty years ago...stress-related (and there was a considerable amount of that at the time) the pain would quite suddenly and viciously attack my right shoulder, or my left wrist, or one toe. And then move, overnight, to a different part of my body, or disappear completely, only to re-appear days later. It disappeared eventually, and didn't recur, even in the most stressful times, ten or even seven years ago.

For a long while un-named, these strange symptoms became almost a joke and we used to liken them, wryly, to the words of a favourite song of the time:
'I'm a celebrity with depression, anorexia -  and a mystery illness to make me even sexier'
Priceless rhyming, which probably wins the prize...the longtime contender had been the song from the sixties:
'What do you get when you kiss a guy? You get enough germs to catch pneumonia - after you do he'll never phone 'ya...I'll never fall in love again...'
Let that be a lesson to you...

Ho hum...random thoughts - I'll save the strange dreams about Samaritans and telephone-phobia for tomorrow then.

No comments:

Post a Comment