Wednesday 25 March 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 2

Today I walked the dog!
Another bright morning, so blue and beautiful it makes the heart ache. Kitty and I took a different, less defined path today, wandering at will the deserted woodland and cliff paths.
At the top of the golf-course, the gates all being open and sheep conspicuous by their absence, we took a detour up to the 'trig-point', to look inland to the valley, which was hazy...
The trig-point itself was interesting...I had expected the top to bear a compass, but was pleased that there was a three-pointed metal shape. This, in line with my musings of the last few days on mandalas and random drawings on metal, slate and wood, gave me much food for thought as we completed the (triangular!) detour and returned to our wanderings...
Triangulation points, trig-points, trigonometry...
Why threes and sevens are more pleasing to the eye than fours and eights...

The post came to the gate later, while we were enjoying lunch in the garden...several books I had ordered from the highly-recommended World of Books, including this, which may help answer some of my questions. Or may not...

No comments:

Post a Comment