Thursday 26 March 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 3

Today I walked the dog!
Our morning meanderings are getting longer as my body realises I have no reason to hurry...

Today is all about growth and it is that time of year...trees and hedges which seemed salt-blasted and dead only a week ago are bursting with green, and I do believe that my feet are becoming part of the earth and air and water and rock...

Here are some of the fresh things we saw this morning:
Celandines...the banks are full of them, quite suddenly

The blackthorn is particularly lovely in the sunshine this spring...

And then there are these little white flowers on the banks...posing as wood anemones, they are too small -and I suspect they are feral cerastium, escaping randomly, or maybe by design, from someone's misguided rockery...

Ah, and the first bluebell of the year - you're welcome...

Two more things are growing, and here is one of them...

This is an oak-tree...or will be, one fine day, when I am long-gone. I picked up a few acorns last October at Taraloka, followed the googled instructions to 'stratify' them, and planted them in faith and hope the morning after the General Election in December.
This, the first one to sprout and be potted-on, is destined to return to Taraloka one day. It is my Taraloaka, I guess, my hope for the future...

The other thing that is growing? Alistair's 'rack' for the gym bench I rescued from the prom and the weights that will arrive by van sometime soon-ish. So we can set up our garden gym and emerge fit and healthy when this is over...
But, as yet, it is still growing in his fertile mind...see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment