Tuesday 7 April 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 15

Today - oh, it was a beautiful spring morning! - I walked the dog.

We left the house at about the same time as usual, determined to find positive signs of spring...

The blackthorn has gone over quickly this year and we were pleased to notice, half way up the road, the first hawthorn in flower...

On up the hill and over the golf-course into the wood... the bluebells were much further on than even a few days ago...the woods are not 'swathed' as yet, but well on the way...

The ferns are beginning to unfurl,

and even the tiny clover-leaf shaped woodsorrel, which I pick all summer for omelettes, is suddenly covered in flowers...


Truly there are worse places to have washed-up...we are very blessed!

This is the view west from the hillside coming home - our house is among those in the cluster down there by the sea...

I had to go out in the car again this morning for essentials - dog and birdfood from our lovely small animal-food shop, and a few bits from the girls at the wholefood. Heroes all - thanks for staying open!

And this afternoon was quiet and still and sunny...

And later I lit a fire outside, drank cider and chatted to my mate (on Skype...go me!)

Counting my many blessings today...

No comments:

Post a Comment