Sunday 19 April 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 27

Oh, I had such a strange night...first I did all my bits and pieces and went to bed an hour earlier than usual, BY MISTAKE!
Then I fell asleep in my book and woke hours later totally confused, had mad dreams and overslept.
So there I was, this morning...heart, mind and body all jarred and entangled somehow, like a visitor to Shelob's lair! Ewww...

So today I walked the dog...it was cool and cloudy first thing and , in a hour and a half, I met no-one. The streets, woods, paths and gardens were deserted - and I found myself thinking of a song from my childhood...Everyone's Gone to the Moon (precocious child, I clearly remember solemnly telling my mum it wasn't meant literally!).
But spring is springing up everywhere...and some sheltered gardens are well ahead of my windswept corner of the town. Here are a couple of pics:

Welsh poppies!

A clematis Montana in full flower (yeah, modern estate bungalow, but SUCH a lovely garden!)

Home then for breakfast, lunch or something...lentil soup from yesterday and sourdough toast.

And later we did a gym session in the garden and then sat in the hot sunshine drinking tea.
I've had some great WhatsApp messaging and emails today too,
so this morning's blues are long-gone

And now I'm waiting for 9pm and RTD's Midsummer Night's Dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment