Sunday 26 April 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 34

This morning...started VERY early. Yet again I was downstairs drinking tea at 5-ish, only this morning it was a stiff neck rather than covid-dreaming which had woken me and shaken me out of bed and down the stairs.

Ho hum...never mind, I got some listening done, and a code-word or two, and then ate porridge and then, suddenly REALLY fancied rice-pudding!
So I put a handful of risotto rice(well, no-one has pudding-rice in the back of the cupboard anymore, do they?!)
and a tin of coconut milk into the slow-cooker with a bit of brown sugar before I meditated and walked with Kitty...

SO, this morning I walked the dog -

firstly up to a neighbour to leave a jar of sourdough starter in return for the Marcus Aurelius left at my gate yesterday, then down to the deserted, misty beach.

And today we went to explore bits of the golf-course we haven't yet visited...and are never normally allowed to wander.
Up past the three ponds to the derelict farm in the middle of the course...which is much bigger close-up than I would have suspected. The attached barn still has quite a sound roof in comparison to the house and other outbuildings, suggesting it was in use much more recently.
We didn't go poking about...I find derelict homes haunting and distressing at the best of times. And these are not.

On up to the top, where we joined a route down which is becoming familiar to us both - Kitty immediately started to ask for the tennis-ball and had a good chase about. The sun was trying to break through the sea-mist and we met no-one...

Home then to test the rice-pudding (gorgeous!) and sit out Skype-chatting to my buddy  for an hour.

That was it...energy-levels crashed and I fell asleep briefly and then watched Morse and Lewis catch a baddie (Roger Lloyd-Pack), nursing my stiff-neck while Alistair lifted heavy weights.

We are five weeks into this madness...how are you holding-up?

The first foxglove

The fresh pinky-green leaves of the copper-beech

And hawthorn in full-flower...the REALLY early one I saw in bud a couple of weeks ago turned out to be a feral apple tree!


No comments:

Post a Comment