Tuesday 28 April 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 36

Today I cleaned the cooker - ha, that got your attention! But more of that momentous occurence later..

Today I walked the dog, and it was raining, for the first time since Before. All this. Started.
Up the road - and this morning the jay, who I have spied several times on the sharp bend, up in the trees, shouting loudly, was much nearer the ground, and the road. We looked at each other and kept a polite (social) distance. Beauty!

Later this morning I had to go into the town in the rain for a few foodie-bits. I bought breadflour and then crossed the road to pick up coffee for me and for a friend! Aaagh...coffee-man was out at the Post Office! I sheltered in the porch for a few minutes until he returned - and then stood across the road in a closed hair-dressers porch turning out his pockets for his key. For several minutes.  I was able, finally to get supplies and returned home for lunch.

Ah, lunch! We ate at the table to celebrate being there together and watched scaffolders (!) opposite.
Suddenly I was excited to see A BULLFINCH on our tamarisk! I must score at least 15 in my I-Spy Birdbook, I think! And A. idly suggested a Coronavirus I-Spy Special...and wondered what score one might claim for scaffolders - a rare sight at the moment, though usually a common one here.

And the cooker? Well to be honest I had to clean the top after a messy candle-recycling session - I don't make candles often enough, and every time I do, I remember too late how best, and least messily, to manage it!
Did I clean the oven? Did I heck! Do I look like a woman who cleans the oven on a regular basis!? I looked inside. I looked a second time. I muttered about it being 'one of the self-cleaning sort.' I shut the door firmly and put the kettle on.

No comments:

Post a Comment