Thursday 16 April 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 24

Today I walked the dog...and it was low-tide this morning, so we went down to the beach...and strolled along in the surprisingly warm sunshine. There were a few people about, but NO RUBBISH, which makes a pleasant change at least.

We cut up to the castle grounds to check the progress of the tamarisk (further on than mine). The ruins were looking stoic

On to take in the edge of town, which was unnervingly quiet

And back to the prom and the beach, which was almost deserted

A policeman came along just as I was going back up the steps to the prom, and moved along the couple you can JUST see on the stone breakwater...

We did a gym session in the sunshine in the late morning and that's my day!

Oh and the trousers I ordered from Toast arrived... HUGE around the waist, as suspected (I had to order what was available...well, you would wouldn't you at £35, marked down from £125!!
Choice #1 return them - no!
Choice #2 take tucks...not really feasible, with pockets in just the wrong places
Choice #3 you wear them with me!
Choice #4 a little judicious elastic in the back waistband - check

No comments:

Post a Comment