Sunday 3 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 41

Today I walked the dog...after juggling meditating with getting a sourdough loaf baked, and drinking lots of tea.

A misty start to the day again meant there were some strange light effects across the hills - at one point it appeared that the whole Dyfi valley had filled with water...

A long Skype conversation with my mate (and some yummy warm sourdough) followed.
Although I am still almost stone-deaf, I can hear better with headphones in...so Skype, using my phone, worked as well as usual. 

The TV is the most annoying...
I can rely on subtitles, which don't come as standard, and even when available are out of synch with sound - irritating for Alistair.
Or I can use a big and comfy pair of headphones, which is great for me, but bypasses the speakers, so useless if Alistair is trying to watch too!
Or I can turn the volume up REALLY LOUD! We did this last night as 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' wasn't offering subtitles and we both really wanted to watch it...
Alistair pretty much needed earplugs, but we managed until ten minutes from the end, when a large plane takes off from the island. This was SO loud that the settee vibrated! And the amplifier cut out completely, missing the romantic bit...
IPlayer took several minutes of cajoling before it would restore to us the happy-ever-afters, And the lovely soundtrack behind the end-credits.

Fab film, restoring my faith in the essential goodness there is in humanity (somewhere)...
"Many persons strive for high ideals and everywhere life is full of heroism"

As for today, we managed a gym session this sfternoon. And made 'leftovers risotto'.

No comments:

Post a Comment