Sunday 24 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 62

Today I walked the dog...over towards Coed Y Cwm for some wild garlic.
We decided to retrace our steps through the further sheep fields to enter the top of the woods through the little gate we found last week..
The fields were looking lovely, edged with old hawthorn hedges and the sheep were happily munching the lush grass. Matching twin lambkins scampered off in step to mum, when they saw Kitty:

But we COULDN'T find that gate into the wood! 
We did walk along a really interesting field-edge, with a lovely array of bones...skulls, femurs, spinal columns - I didn't take any pics for you, knowing not everyone likes skelingtons as much as I do. I can always go back tomorrow, if you like?

So we retraced our steps and came home across the golf-course...not many days now till the club reopens and all these ways will be off-limits to us again...

I sat in the attic on my, now ritual, Skype-call with my buddy and then enjoyed some porridgy brunch before some tough gym.

Fettling my ceramics followed and moving the furniture back onto our newly-shiny sitting-room floor. We are trying to work out how to get the hallway done, with or without Kitty's help (Alistair has just come up with a 'cunning plan' - watch this space...)

You know that joke, beloved of motivational speakers, the one about the past and future not concerning us and the present being a gift - that's why it's called the 'present'...
Ha ha...

But apart from that corny play on words, it struck me that the word 'present' really does have two distinct meanings -
the 'here', like on a roll-call, and the 'now', this moment.
Are they connected though? 

I'll leave that one with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment