Tuesday 5 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 43

Today I walked the dog...in the glorious sunshine and chill east wind we have become accustomed to this last six weeks. 
Up and round and through and back round and down, via the now obligatory few minutes on the golf-course, playing 'catch' with the tennis ball. Creatures of habit, dogs.

And I got my glad-rags on - well my new trousers from TOAST Sale and my new shoes from VivoBarefoot Sale + my usual years' old second hand jumpers - and strolled to town and back along the prom, for some essential supplies  - breadflour and soap.
It was pretty frustrating as I met several people I wanted to stop and talk with, but the combination of my almost total deafness (yep, still) and social distancing made it well-nigh impossible to do anything other than say 'deaf', and mime uselessly - somehow I can't quite believe that everyone around me is hearing as normal!

And then this afternoon we did a session at the Jimmy-gym, as I named it, or Sunny-gym as A. prefers...

But I woke this morning with the continuation of last night's musings in my mind:

"I, or we, have no right to imagine we can dictate the terms of 'normal"

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment