Friday 15 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 53

Just for J-M then!

Today I walked the dog...late, as I'd got up late and started slowly.
I let Kitty choose our route today, which was fun, and we went up the road and then cut over the golf-course, up to her favourite circuit.

I thought it was about time I did some cleaning, as Alistair had vacuumed by the time I returned.
So I had some brunch and then gave the porch a really good clean - yuck!

And then set to to declutter my bookshelves...cleared a while boxful from the fiction collection, on the basis of:
'I'm actually never going to read/reread this'.

Today is the fortieth anniversary of my friend's death. We were the same age, best friends and flatmates, and Janet was house-sitting for us, while we were abroad for the year. 
I mourned the life she didn't get to live, and missed her for years. 
She remains 25...
'...as we who are left grow old...'

No comments:

Post a Comment