Thursday 21 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 59

Today I walked the dog...but had already been up for a LONG TIME - Kitty had an iffy tum yesterday and just played with her dinner, so was ready to go out and munch grass early this morning!
Every cloud has a silver lining - I found my missing earphones in my dressing-gown pocket.

It was a beautiful start to the day, but then the land and sea did its Mull of Kintyre thing - and we walked up the cliff paths in increasing fog. 
So it was an utterly strange walk - my silent world, and visibility down to a few yards made for some strange imaginings - I half expected Brigadoon to appear out of the fog, or a troop of marching Roman soldiers. Or even a medieval plague funeral cortege!

Kitty and I took another route around the lower edge of the golf-course and she was bemused when we came around the 'scoop' to the road home...
'ooh look, the Big House!'

On the way down the road, we saw a coal tit! (Score15...) I'm ALMOST 100% sure it wasn't a fledgling great tit...

After a sort of porridgy brunch, we had a gym session, and then I did admin and 'housekeeping' things this afternoon.

Tonight we have been rewaxing the sitting-room floor - well, half of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment