Saturday 16 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 54

Today I am still deaf
And today I walked the dog...up to Kitty's Field, round the top of the golf-course and home behind the Big House.
We met two or three people we know...but, apart from telling them I am almost stone-deaf, it is pretty difficult to have a deep-and-meaningful. Quite frustrating...I do like a good conversation up in the sunshine of an early summer Saturday, with dogs and birds for company. Ho hum...

A pottering sort of day really...it was sunny and warm enough to be in and out of the house, but not the sort of warmth to spend the afternoon in a deckchair with a book.
So we did pottering sort of things:
Alistair re-covered an old deckchair for some friends and neighbours...

I re-potted a few bits and pieces, including potting-on my mighty oaks.
And then cleaned the brass plate and goblet my grandfather brought back from the Dardanelles...

...and the lovely old copper coal scuttle I rescued from the shed of my childhood home, and use for kindling..


And then I set up a kiln-firing for tonight. And chucked things into a casserole.

And tonight we have just watched The People's Choice of Lewis...I KNEW it would be 'And the Moonbeams Kiss the Sea'....
WHAT a well-written script...the late, great Alan Plater, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment