Monday 11 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 49

Wow...today I walked the dog.

And at 10am, as I was getting back, Alistair had just got home with the week's provisions, The Bar had arrived (!) And the doctor rang back for  my consultation!

THAT was traumatic - I am known for my dislike of phone-calls. And no, the irony of phone-calls being, at present, almost the only way I can have a conversation, has NOT escaped me!
Ho hum to that, anyway...I have only a prescription for two or three weeks of Otex drops, in place of the best olive oil we have been wasting...
And earache.

I needed to lie down in a darkened room after all that excitement, and have spent much of the rest of the day reading, listening to the radio and generally feeling sorry for myself.

Alistair has been happily tinkering with The Bar and composing another 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' letter.

And tonight he is out, being a Samaritan. And still I am sitting...drinking cider and watching the fire. And I have just binge-watch ed the last four episodes of 'Normal People'.
Let me know what you thought of it...


No comments:

Post a Comment