Monday 4 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 42

Today I walked the dog...

But not until after my social event of the fortnight - a trip to the supermarket!
It was weird driving in my silent world, but I am ALMOST getting accustomed to being deaf! Didn't help at the till though...

After a quick trip to friends to drop off 'essentials' - milk, tea and wine - 
I came home to take Kitty out...

It was low tide, so we started at the beach, but Kitty was in a recalcitrant mood and I couldn't be bothered with it - so went up the the hills and golf-course instead.

After lunch we cleared out the old sink and refreshed the compost, so I could plant it up with some quick bedding flowers from the supermarket...

That was pretty much it - A. has been a Samaritan this evening and I have been drinking cider and watching 'Normal People' on Iplayer.

'Normal' hmmm...will life here ever return to normal I wonder?
And why do we think of something as normal? Do we have any right to expect it to continue unchanged?

So...here's to resilience I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment