Tuesday 26 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 64 (will you still need me...)


This morning I walked the dog...and it was mizzling as we left the house, so donned my cagoule and an old favourite hat , which has come around again...as they do. This one is nearly 25 years old, so probably counts as vintage by now:


I plugged in my ears too and, having only recently discovered the 'genre' button on my music collection, chose 'folk' for some easy listening...
Random!

A 'tape' of Peruvian pipe music was playing as we left the house - one of only two or three we had when in Argentina, forty years ago. 
This was followed by Paper Aeroplanes singing 'Aberystwyth', which has been on my mind since I last picked it up randomly a week or so ago.
But I was thinking about Martyn Joseph, whose songs were the soundtrack of our lives for about 25 years, and who liked the hat...he was also headlining at the concert we saw Paper Aeroplanes. So I wasn't surprised when one of his older songs came up next (twice, two different versions)...
And a pretty random selection of artists followed - Beirut, Dory Previn (no, thank you, not on a rainy morning under lock-down!), Joni Mitchell, more Martyn Joseph:
"It's taken all this time...to turn around and see, the sum of all these parts are we..."
Feist, Joan Baez, Ben Howard,:
"maybe you were the ocean when I was just a stone" and then Judy Collins as we arrived home:
"I've seen you stumble, you've watched me fall...you know I've got nothing , you know we've got it all...and I hope from what you wanted you get what you need...what can I tell you? You were born to the breed..."
For all our sons...

Alistair is funny as always, and turns around my introspection...he was food shopping yesterday and caught Cream and The Beach Boys on the supermarket 'musak'
"I thought I'd stumbled by mistake into the over seventies' shopping hour..."!

A tough gym session this afternoon, when the sun came out...



No comments:

Post a Comment