Sunday 17 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 55


Apparently it is Sunday today...
And today I walked the dog, after delivering some sourdough starter on a neighbour.
Kitty and I walked up the golf-course track with Alistair - which was companionable, if quiet.

Yep, I am still deaf.
But Kitty doesn't mind, and the sheep are unconcerned...so I thought about things to be grateful for.
A pretty long list, really...
The ground beneath my strong feet and the muscles in my legs. 
The smell of the ferns and gorse and the salt in the breeze.
The blue hills inland and the cliffs and shoreline.
The birdsong I can still hear.
The wild garlic in the woods to flavour our dinner.

And that's just my senses...

Later I had a long skype-call with my buddy and enjoyed fresh bread.
And this afternoon we had an easy (ish) gym session (deload week - yay!) and haircutting.

My kiln had cooled by dinner-time, so all the goodies are unpacked and ready to ink/wax/paint/smoke or whatever.
Tomorrow...

Ah, tomorrow - time for my fortnightly supermarket trip.
Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment