Friday 8 May 2020

The Lock-Down Diaries Day 46

Today I walked the dog...up the road the new pinky-green leaves of the copper beech are already deepening in their colour, the bluebells are over and all the ferns unfurled. The foxgloves are a deep purple and the air is heavy with the scent of may blossom.

Kitty's Field was brilliant in the morning sun and there were few people about.
It is a Bank Holiday...but one of the strangest ones I remember...it's an extra, the 75th anniversary of VE Day, but, because of Lock-Down, all 'celebrations' were as muffled and muted as...

Well, as my hearing, I guess...somehow it seems appropriate that I am hearing as though underwater, like seeing through a veil.
Actually I often do see life in that way...a haze of black and white photos and snatches of old music.
No wonder I love Stephen Poliakoff's films so much...

But I digress...when I got home I took tea up to the attic to 'Zoomy' with my study-buddies...a hopeless attempt today - dying headphones, too many people and the state of my hearing...
So, when we broke for the 2-minute silence at 11am I left the meeting.

And made sourdough croutons and parsnip soup for lunch.

This afternoon I pulled up plantain in a desultory fashion.

And then looked through some old photo albums for the one I remember of Son, when we went to Ickwell May Fair for the first time, and bought P.P...
25 years ago... yikes!

Tonight we have been watching Cinema Paradiso...that won't help my tendency to wallow in the past.

But at least we both needed the subtitles...

No comments:

Post a Comment